Do NOT send your pet through the X-ray at airport security!
Follow Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines:
1. Take your pet out of the travel carrier just before screening.
2. Send the empty carrier through the X-ray unit on the conveyer belt.
3. Carry your pet or lead them through the walk-through metal detector on a leash.
4. Once through, a TSA officer will swab your hands to check for any trace of explosives.
5. After the screening is complete, return your pet to the travel carrier. If your pet is skittish and you’re worried about escape, ask the TSA officer about a private screening room for a more secure process.